Friday, July 24, 2009

Life...

...is amazing.

Every day, I fall into my usual routine just to make it to the end of the day. I take every little thing - my food, my friends, my ability to breathe decent air - for granted. And it is so easy to fall into this monotonous lifestyle. It is so easy to forget that I actually love living life. But I do. As cliché as any of this may be, I love my life and everyone and everything in it. I love waking up after four hours of sleep to see the sun shining into my window. I love eating my simple breakfast of cereal and milk. I love driving to school/work and slowing down for traffic. I love seeing my friends.

But it takes the opposite of life - death - for me to remember. I wish I could remember without that reminder. I wish I could say that I don't need that reminder to enjoy my life... but as sobering as death is, it makes me appreciate the things that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment